Medical Committee Netherlands – Vietnam (MCNV) is looking for 02 two-month full time interpretation and translation consultants to provide interpretation and translation for bachelor of speech and language therapy students and their clinical supervisors during their clinical placements in Hai Duong, Ho Chi Minh city from in June, July and August 2022.
Detailed information is as below:
JOB DESCRIPTION OF
02 TWO-MONTH FULL TIME INTERPRETATION AND TRANSLATION CONSULTANTS FOR CLINICAL INTERNSHIPS OF THE SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY MASTER GRADUATES IN HCMC AND HAI DUONG.
A COMPONENT OF THE SALT EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT BY MCNV IN VIETNAM
Budget line: Sub-Act. Sub-Act.BS4- an additional activity: post-graduate supervised clinical internship for MSALT graduates
- Job Summary and Job Title
Consultants will work as full time interpreters and translators in two months of time to provide English – Vietnamese interpretation and translation for the Master graduates of Rehabilitation Techniques with Specialization in Speech and Language Therapy (MSALT Graduates) when they do their clinical internships onsite at clinical hospitals. This is a learning activity within the MSALT course by the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Ho Chi Minh (UMP HCMC) city in collaboration with MCNV under the DISTINCT project by VietHealth/USAID and with technical consultancy and technical human resource from Trinh Foundation Australia (TFA).
The Consultants will work directly with a Project team including: 1) MCNV’s Project Coordinator; 2) the Head of Rehabilitation Department at either UMP HCMC or Hai Duong Medical Technical University (HD MTU).
- Duration of time and Workplace
The Consultants will work maximum 8 hours per day for 40 days directly in health settings, from July 4th to the end of September 1st, 2022. One consultant will work in HCMC and one will work in Hai Duong. Detailed work plans for each of the two positions will be provided.
- Payment Range
Payment is mutually agreed and shown in a Consultancy Contract between MCNV and each Consultant.
- Specific tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project team, especially MCNV’s Project Coordinator, the Consultants will work closely with international clinical supervisors and be responsible for doing (but not limited to) the main tasks as follow:
- Interpret English – Vietnamese – English for all communications between all involved parties including Vietnamese MSALT graduates, Vietnamese patients, etc. and their international clinical supervisors when the MSALT graduates work face-to-face onsite with the patients at hospitals for their clinical internships and under direct clinical supervision by their international clinical supervisors, following schedules agreed by the involved parties;
- Interpret English – Vietnamese – English for all offline and online discussions/meetings/working sessions between the MSALT graduates who do their clincal internships with their international clinical supervisors when needed;
- Translate teaching and learning documents when necessary and/or students’ written examinations and assignments from English to Vietnamese and vice versus.
- General Requirements
The following requirements must be met for this position
a. Knowledge and skills
- A minimum 02 years of proven track record in providing translation and interpretation in medical and health settings and in speech and language therapy;
- Have knowledge and understanding of speech and language therapy and education;
- Have knowledge about university education;
- Have knowledge and skills in interpretation in clinical placement in health settings.
Essential: Bachelor degree in English language;
Trained in interpretation and translation in medicine and speech and language therapy;
Essential: training in interpretation and translation in medicine and/or SALT.
- Have experience in interpretation in clinical placements in health settings;
- Have experience in online meeting interpretation;
- Have experience in interpretation for clinical practice supervisions;
- Have experience in working in teams and individually;
- Experience in working in universities and health settings in Vietnam;
- Have experience in working with SALT international teachers/volunteers;
d. Working skills and attitude
- Be available and willing to work at night time and weekend time as per the requirements of the training course’s schedule;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have ability to work both autonomously and as part of a culturally diverse and multidisciplinary team;
- Be open minded for discussion and sharing;
- Be flexible and resourceful;
- Be motivated to work towards the objectives of the project;
- Be able to work independently and in a constructive way in a team;
- Be organized, able to work according to deadlines;
- Have good organizational and time management skills;
- Have good computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Skype, Zoom, and various platforms such as Google docs…;
- Be willing to travel to other towns/provinces according to the needs of the work.
e. Languages: Excellent spoken and written English.
How to apply
Interested candidates are advised to send their Letter of Interest, CVs and payment proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00pm VN time on 05/6/2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.