Medical Committee Netherlands – Vietnam (MCNV) is looking for 02 part-time interpreter consultants to provide interpretation for bachelor of speech and language therapy students and their tele-supervisors during their clinical placements in Danang in May and June 2022.
Detailed information is as below:
JOB DESCRIPTION OF
02 PART-TIME CONSULTANTS AS INTERPERTERS AND TRANSLATORS FOR THE BACHELOR OF SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY IN THE DANANG UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY AND PHARMACY.
A COMPONENT OF THE SALT EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT BY MCNV IN VIETNAM
Budget line: Sub-Act. 188.8.131.52.5., for Sub-Act. 184.108.40.206.7.
- Job Summary and Job Title
Consultants will work as part time interpreters and translators for the Bachelor of Rehabilitation with Specialization in Speech and Language Therapy (BSALT) in Da Nang University of Medical Technology and Pharmacy (DUMTP) which is implemented with technical and financial support from MCNV under the DISTINCT project by VietHealth/USAID and with technical consultancy and technical human resource from Trinh Foundation Australia (TFA).
The Consultants will work directly with a Project team including: 1) MCNV’s Project Coordinator; 2) MCNV’s full time Interpreter for the BSALT; and 3) Vice Head of DUMTP’s Rehabilitation Department.
- Duration of time
An estimation of total number of working days paid by MCNV for each position is as below:
- Position 1: 08 half days in total in May, 2022 (possibly Tuesday and Thursday afternoon every week x 4 weeks, from 2nd May 2022 to end of 26th May, 2022);
- Position 2: 20 half days in total in May, 2022 (possibly mornings of all week days x 4 weeks, from 2nd May 2022 to end of 26th May, 2022).
The interpreter and translator will work maximum 4 hours each half day directly in health settings and online. Detailed work plans for the two positions will be provided.
- Payment Range
Payment is mutually agreed and shown in a Consultancy Contract between MCNV and each Consultant.
The interpreter will work in Da Nang City to interpret on-site at a hospital for a group of 6-7 BSALT students via Zoom for MCNV’s clinical tele-supervisors from Australia and other international countries, and online via Zoom from home.
Tentative schedules are as below:
|Position||Vietnam Time||Tuesday 3rd May
Tuesday 10th May
Tuesday 16th May
Tuesday 24th May
|Thursday 5th May
Thursday 12th May
Thursday 19th May
Thursday 26th May
|Position 1||1.00pm -4.30pm VN||Onsite at a hospital with students and patients to provide interpretation for a tele-supervisor||Onsite at a hospital with students and patients to provide interpretation for a tele-supervisor|
|Position||Vietnam Time||Mondays (2nd, 9th, 16th,
10th, 16th, 24th May)
|Wednesdays (4th, 11th, 18st, 25th May)||Thursdays (5th, 12th, 19th, 26th May)||Fridays (6th, 13th, 20th May)|
|Position 2||8.00am – 11.30am VN||Onsite at a hospital with students and patients to provide interpretation for a tele-supervisor
|Online via zoom for 60 – 90 minutes to provide interpretation for the MSALT graduates and the tele-supervisor to discuss patient seen previous day.||Onsite at a hospital with students and patients to provide interpretation for a tele-supervisor
|Online via zoom for 60 – 90 minutes to provide interpretation for the MSALT graduates and the tele-supervisor to discuss patient seen previous day.||Online via zoom to provide interpretation for the BSALT students & MSALT grads to debrief for the week.
ALTERNATE AM and PM over 3 weeks
Translation tasks (if any) can be done anywhere of your preference.
Zoom links for online working sessions will be provided by MCNV.
- Specific tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project team, especially MCNV’s Project Coordinator, the Consultant will work closely with international clinical tele-supervisors and be responsible for doing (but not limited to) the main tasks as follow:
- Interpret English – Vietnamese – English for all online communications between all involved parties including Vietnamese BSALT students, Vietnamese patients, etc. and their international tele-supervisors working from abroad when the students work with patients for the direct face-to-face clinical practice sessions in a clinical site following the schedules as tentatively planned above. The online communication between the Vietnamese BSALT students and their international clinical supervisors when the students work face-to-face with patients is arranged in form of tele-supervision;
- Interpret English – Vietnamese – English for all online discussions/meetings/working sessions between the BSALT students who do their clincal practice with their international tele-supervisors via zoom;
- Translate teaching and learning documents when necessary and/or students’ written examinations and assignments from English to Vietnamese and vice versus.
- General Requirements
The following requirements must be met for this position:
a. Knowledge and skills
- A minimum 01 year of proven track record in providing translation and interpretation in speech and language therapy;
- Have knowledge and understanding of speech and language therapy and education;
- Have knowledge about university education;
- Have knowledge and skills in interpretation in class hours;
Essential: Bachelor degree in English language;
Essential: training in interpretation and translation in SALT.
- Have experience in interpretation in classrooms and in a health setting;
- Have experience in working in teams and individually;
- Experience in working in universities in Vietnam;
- Have experience in working with SALT international teachers/volunteers;
d. Working skills and attitude
- Be available and willing to work at night time and weekend time as per the requirements of the training course’s schedule;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have ability to work both autonomously and as part of a culturally diverse and multidisciplinary team;
- Be open minded for discussion and sharing;
- Be flexible and resourceful;
- Be motivated to work towards the objectives of the project;
- Be able to work independently and in a constructive way in a team;
- Be organized, able to work according to deadlines;
- Have good organizational and time management skills;
- Have good computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Skype, Zoom, and various platforms such as Google docs…;
- Be willing to travel to other towns/provinces according to the needs of the work.
e. Languages: Excellent spoken and written English.
7. How to apply
Interested candidates are advised to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00pm VN time on 20/04/2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.