Medical Committee Netherlands – Vietnam (MCNV) is looking for 03 one-month full time interpretation and translation consultants to provide interpretation and translation for bachelor of speech and language therapy students and their clinical supervisors during their clinical placements in Danang from May 29th to June 24th 2022.
Detailed information is as below:
JOB DESCRIPTION OF
03 ONE-MONTH FULL TIME INTERPRETATION AND TRANSLATION CONSULTANTS FOR THE BACHELOR OF SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY IN THE DANANG UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY AND PHARMACY.
A COMPONENT OF THE SALT EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT BY MCNV IN VIETNAM
Budget line: Sub-Act. 22.214.171.124.5. Support training material for the Bachelor course
For Sub-Act. 126.96.36.199.7. Support clinical practice.
- Job Summary and Job Title
Consultants will work as full time interpreters and translators in one month of time for the Bachelor of Rehabilitation with Specialization in Speech and Language Therapy (BSALT) in Da Nang University of Medical Technology and Pharmacy (DUMTP) which is implemented with technical and financial support from MCNV under the DISTINCT project by VietHealth/USAID and with technical consultancy and technical human resource from Trinh Foundation Australia (TFA).
The Consultants will work directly with a Project team including: 1) MCNV’s Project Coordinator; 2) MCNV’s full time Interpreter for the BSALT in Da Nang; and 3) Vice Head of DUMTP’s Rehabilitation Department.
- Duration of time and Workplace
The Consultants will work maximum 7 hours per day for 20 days directly in health settings in Da Nang, from May 30th to the end of June 27th. Detailed work plans for each of the three positions will be provided.
- Payment Range
Payment is mutually agreed and shown in a Consultancy Contract between MCNV and each Consultant.
- Specific tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project team, especially MCNV’s Project Coordinator, the Consultants will work closely with international clinical tele-supervisors and be responsible for doing (but not limited to) the main tasks as follow:
- Interpret English – Vietnamese – English for all communications between all involved parties including Vietnamese BSALT students, Vietnamese patients, etc. and their international clinical supervisors when the students work face-to-face onsite with the patients at hospitals for their clinical practice (CP6 subject – part 2) and under direct clinical supervision by their international clinical supervisors, following schedules agreed by the involved parties;
- Interpret English – Vietnamese – English for all online discussions/meetings/working sessions between the BSALT students who do their clincal practice with their international clinical supervisors via zoom when needed;
- Translate teaching and learning documents when necessary and/or students’ written examinations and assignments from English to Vietnamese and vice versus.
- General Requirements
The following requirements must be met for this position:
a. Knowledge and skills
- A minimum 01 year of proven track record in providing translation and interpretation in medical and health settings and in speech and language therapy;
- Trained in medical interpretation and in speech and language therapy interpretation and translation;
- Have knowledge and understanding of speech and language therapy and education;
- Have knowledge about university education;
- Have knowledge and skills in interpretation in class hours and clinical placement in health settings.
Essential: Bachelor degree in English language;
Essential: training in interpretation and translation in SALT.
- Have experience in interpretation in classrooms and clinical placements in health settings;
- Have experience in working in teams and individually;
- Experience in working in universities in Vietnam;
- Have experience in working with SALT international teachers/volunteers;
d. Working attitude
- Be available and willing to work at night time and weekend time as per the requirements of the training course’s schedule;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have ability to work both autonomously and as part of a culturally diverse and multidisciplinary team;
- Be open minded for discussion and sharing;
- Be flexible and resourceful;
- Be motivated to work towards the objectives of the project;
- Be able to work independently and in a constructive way in a team;
- Be organized, able to work according to deadlines;
- Have good organizational and time management skills;
- Have good computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Skype, Zoom, and various platforms such as Google docs…;
- Be willing to travel to other towns/provinces according to the needs of the work.
e. Languages: Excellent spoken and written English.
How to apply
Interested candidates are advised to send their Letter of Interest and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00pm VN time on 15/5/2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.